Clear Cascade. 5 gallon (640 oz.) bucket. Product special - 60% off retail! Quantities limited.
Pottery Cascades are moving, flowing glazes, commonly used under or over other glazes to create reactions and movement by acting as a flux. Can be applied randomly or uniformly, brushed or dabbed on with a sponge. Used alone, Pottery Cascades simulate a brilliant shower of light color. The colored cascades — white and amber — add a tinge of color to the glazes with which they are used. Pottery Cascades intermingle and interact with other glazes to spawn unique colors, textures, and patterns. Great visual effects are created when added under, over or in-between Elements or Element Chunkies. Cascades are perfect for the low fire designer seeking to create the looks achieved at higher temperatures. Their variability insures that no two designs will be exactly alike. Pottery Cascades are non-toxic.
Apply 1-2 coats with a brush or sponge, under or over another glaze. You can influence the direction of the flow or create a pattern by how you apply the glazes. Allow to dry thoroughly. Fire to cones 06/05. To prevent the glaze from running off your vertical pieces do not apply Pottery Cascades to the bottom third of the piece.
- Avoid applying Pottery Cascade on lower third of piece as glaze will move.
- PC601 Clear Cascade is the most fluid of the Cascade products, requiring care in application.
- PC602 White Cascade moves the least.
- Pottery Cascades are luster compatible.
- Shake for 5-6 seconds before use.
- Dispense glaze onto a palette (tile, plate, etc.) and apply with brush or decorating accessory of choice (sponge, stamp, etc.).
- Avoid dipping brush directly into jar to avoid contamination, particularly if you are using one brush to layer Pottery Cascades over other glazes.
- Avoid applying Pottery Cascade to the lowest third of your piece as these glazes WILL move. Vertical pieces require more attention to this detail than horizontal pieces.
- Pottery Cascade glazes were designed to mature at a shelf cone 06 (999° C). Make sure the glaze has dried thoroughly prior to firing. A medium ramp/firing rate is recommended (250°F per hour).
Mayco PC-601 Clear Cascade Pottery Cascade (5 Gallon)
- Brand: Mayco
- Item Code: MAYCO PC601-640
- Availability: 5
Special $264.00 (save 60%)