Talavera Dinner Plate
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Courtesy: duncanceramics.com
This Project Uses
- Talavera Dinner Plate (DUNCA 40065)
- Pure Brilliance (4 oz.) (DUNCA 26394)
- No. 4 Liner brush (DUNCA SB803)
- No. 6 Round brush (DUNCA SB806)
- No. 6 Fan Glaze brush (DUNCA SB807)
- Black Licorice (Reformulated Product) (1.25 oz.) (DUNCA FD254-001N) Out Of Stock
- Black Licorice (1.25 oz.) (2 bottles: buy 1, get 1 free!) (DUNCA FD254-001)
- Light Papaya (DUNCA CN041-002)
- Light Kiwi (DUNCA CN181-002)
- Neon Blue (DUNCA CN502-002)
- Dark Delft (DUNCA CN113-002)
- Bright Brown (DUNCA CN282-002)
- Neon Red (DUNCA CN507-002)
- Potter's Sponge - Synthetic (CLSP001)
- Rainbow Tape - 6 Rolls Assorted (TAPE06)
- Wipe down plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush a coat of Bright Brown in carved lines of background tiles.
- Wipe paint back with slightly damp sponge leaving paint inside lines. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Light Papaya on the background tiles. Let dry.
- Refer to picture and paint three coats of the following colors as shown in the picture: Neon Red, Neon Blue, Light Kiwi and Dark Straw. Let dry.
- Apply French Dimensions to incised lines around designs. Let dry thoroughly.
- Brush a coat of Pure Brilliance to front of plate and two coats to back. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.
HINT: To use French Dimensions, remove cap and tip. Use skewer to stir the paint well. Reinsert tip and test flow of paint on paper towel.