SG-201 Black Cobblestone pint (16 oz.) jar.
Cobblestones create a textured "cobbled" surface when fired. Apply over another glaze and during the firing process, a shattered pattern of raised, irregular chips will emerge. The underlying glaze will appear in the cracks. To create colored Cobblestones, brush Stroke & Coat glaze of choice over the white Cobblestone and fire.
Certified AP non-Toxic and Food safe; however not recommended for food surfaces due to surface characteristics.
Apply 1 coat of Stroke & Coat over Cobblestone glaze for colorful textural effects.
Cobblestones may also be fired to cone 6 to add a unique look to mid-range fire designs.
Great for replicating skin patterns and textures of reptiles and spotted animals.
While Cobblestones can be applied over a previously fired glaze, the cracked pattern will become more pronounced if applied on an unfired glaze.
- Shake for 5-6 seconds before use.
- Dispense glaze onto a palette (tile, plate, etc.) and apply 2 coats with a broad, soft brush
- Apply the second coat while the first coat is still damp: do not allow Cobblestone to dry between coats.
- Pattern break-up is determined by the application direction of the brush stroke. Large break up heavier application, small breakup lighter application.
- If application is too light the cobblestone will not break up. Reapplying and touching up will not achieve a break up.
- Fire to shelf cone 06 or higher. Cone 6 results: turns glossy.
Mayco SG-201 Black Cobblestone (Pint)
- Brand: Mayco
- Item Code: MAYCO SG201-016
- UPC: 097539396759
- 1 or more $12.11 (save 5%)
- 6 or more $10.84 (save 15%)
- 12 or more $8.93 (save 30%)
- Quantity discount combines with all Mayco pints and gallons of paint and lusters.